Welcome to CLASSIC CAR TOP 3/4 VIEW SKETCH DEMO.
This video demo will cover the basics of how to draw a top 3/4 view of a classic car. Top 3/4 views are pretty tricky and this demo will give you the process of how I set up the sketch, and then fill it out with details.
My Classic Edition is for those who appreciate vintage race cars from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. These demos are meant to provide you with some quick instruction to help improve your ongoing quest to become an awesome sketcher!
The videos have information that will provide you with the processes needed to complete the sketch. You will be able to use these techniques as practice for your own sketches.
SPORTS CAR SKETCH DEMO CONTENTS:
DURATION: 34 min
STEP 1 CONSTRUCTION – breaking down the view of the car into a one-point perspective. I will initially set up the sketch with a box in a one-point perspective to establish the view. Once this is completed, I will start adding the following details.
1. SETUP WITH A BOX
2. ADDING WHEELS
STEP 2 COMPONENT DETAILS
4. SIDE SCOOP
6. DOOR CUTLINES
7. ENGINE COMPARTMENT
STEP 3 BLOCKING IN VALUE
STEP 4 INDICATING DETAILS
10. ENGINE COMPARTMENT
11. FRONT WINDSHIELD
12. GROUND SHADOW
13. SIDE WINDOW
15. CUT-LINES AND FORM DEFINITION
TARGET AUDIENCE :
1. Students who want to learn how to draw by observation
2. Students that are willing to improve their abilities by taking action and practicing the concepts
3. Students who want to improve their drawing technique
4. Students who are constantly on the lookout to learn something new