If you are looking to learn how to create stunning sports car illustrations using markers, colored pencils, and gouache paints the “old school” method, then you’re in the right place.
You’ll learn traditional rendering techniques that are used to create beautiful automotive illustrations from start to finish. I’ll take you through the steps of using markers, pencils, and gouache paints to create an eye-popping illustration of a classic Corvette.
TOOLS NEEDED FOR THE COURSE:
- Marker Paper– Canson Marker Paper, Bienfang Graphics 360, Borden & Riley #37
- Set of Blue Scale Markers
- Gouache Paints (or white acrylic paint) – Permanent white
- Set of Blue Prismacolor Pencils and White Prismacolor Pencil.
- Black Verithin Pencil
CLASSIC SPORTS CAR RENDERING CONTENTS:
STEP 1 – INTRODUCTION
STEP 2 – BODY RENDERING | FREEHAND PROFILE SKETCH
STEP 3 – BODY RENDERING | REFLECTIONS AND SHADOWS
STEP 4 – TIRES AND WHEELS | BASE COLORS WITH MARKERS
STEP 5 – TIRES AND WHEELS | HUB DETAILING
STEP 6 – DOOR TRIM/WINDOW/BODY DETAILING | WINDOWS AND LOUVERS
STEP 7 – DOOR TRIM/WINDOW/BODY DETAILING | BODY REFLECTION DEFINITION
STEP 8 – DOOR TRIM/WINDOW/BODY DETAILING | TEXTURIZING THE BODY WITH A PENCIL
STEP 9 – BODY DETAILING | DON’T FORGET THE DRIVER
STEP 10- DETAILING THE WHEELS | WHEEL SHADING AND PENCILING
STEP 11 – DETAILING THE WHEELS | CROSS-HATCHING WITH DETAILS
STEP 12 – ADDING HIGHLIGHTS AND GOUACHE | HOTSPOTS TO THE BODY AND WHEELS
STEP 13 – ADDING ARTISTIC FLAIR | SPECKLED PAINT
1. Students who want to improve their artistic abilities and create realistic renderings like the pros.
2. Students that are willing to improve their abilities by taking action and practicing the concepts
3. Students who want to improve their drawing technique
4. Students who are constantly on the lookout to learn something new
5. Students that are looking for a form of relaxation and a meditative experience